Monday, May 13, 2013

SIP AND GOGH, Me and my stick figure creativity


Taken by the Sip and Gogh Team



"Here I am, smiling at the camera, looking calm and confident, but deep inside, I was already on the brink sanity. How am I supposed to recreate this when I only know how to draw stick figures? Even my stick figures laugh at me drawing them because they can draw themselves better than I do. I have zero talent in drawing, more so in painting (well, may except room painting which I think I am totally fine)...just imagine a T-rex drawing a good painting, using its short arms...well, in this day in age, everything is possible....what the heck, let the madness and lunacy begin!"







Sip and Gogh is a "one of a kind" cafe, allowing its painters to relax, have fun, bond and have a sip of wine (if you are over 18 -- and hence the name Sip and Gogh). The establishment will provide the tools, you just need to bring yourself and your creativity (so for my creativity baggage, it was a light as a feather). Currently they are offering various programs, targeting kids and kids at heart. With their instructors, you will be guided properly (and effectively) to create your own masterpiece, or for our case...our own version of the masterpiece, which was not bad for someone of my creativity level.


I planned this for two reason, celebrating 3 years with Riza and as a gift for my mom on Mothers Day! Amongst the different events available, we chose Date 2 Create. Aside from recreating a masterpiece, the objective of Date 2 Create is to simply have one drawing divided into two canvasses. The magic of it is that even on its own, it would still standout. They had a wide array of images to choose from the gallery. Me and Riza decided to select from the novice category which we called 4 Seasons (for the lack of knowledge about the painting). Typically depicted four tress in different seasons. Supposedly it was the same tree, our artwork said otherwise!


The place was well lit, you choose the paintings from the right side, drinks from the left side. The acrylic paint station was on one corner (no worries, the instructors will assist you on this) and the cleaning station on the other. It was comfortable, spacious and had enough aura to induce the creative animal in you.  The instructors were really helpful! from guiding you on start your drawing, to proper color mixing, brushstrokes. Despite this instructions, you were still very free to do your own thing! They were really patient especially with the older ones with no creativity (me!). You also didn't have to worry about taking pictures while your artwork is being created as they do this as well!

Taken by the Sip and Gogh Team


After a good 2 hours and 30 minutes, we were able to complete the artwork. I seriously doubted that we can recreate it, but we were able to! Honestly, I was so happy to produce a decent artwork for someone who lived his whole life drawing stick figures! Overall, the experience was amazing and a must try for both art lovers and stick figure people like me!







Kudos : Another amazing thing from this experience was that aside from the actual event, their customer service was at a high level! I have communicated with them initially via email, and their response was quick and had the exact information needed and even offered a hand with my initial concerns. So good job and keep up that high level of customer service!

San Tayo team for this event


Riza Macabingkil







San Tayo? Sip and Gogh
When : May 11, 2013
Where : 1 Capitol Hills Drive, 1119 Quezon City
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/SipAndGogh
Email : info@sipandgogh.com
Contact number :

(+632) 961 - 1248
(+63917) 533 - 2726
(+63922) 886 - 9833

No comments:

Post a Comment